Zero Touch Digital Operations
Learn how to reduce risk, drive measurable value and accelerate key business outcomes through Zero Touch Digital Operations, the newest solution in CDI’s Hybrid Cloud Automation Framework (HCAF) portfolio.
Zero Touch Digital Operations (ZTO) is an evolution of HCAF. It’s about day-two operations and automation. It means we’re building a run time operating model that effectively manages, heals, scales and governs itself. ZTO is about integrating (and road mapping!) various software tools to drive predictable operational business outcomes – make money, save money, reduce risk.
- Have you operationalized a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy? Are you driving measurable business value?
- Which cloud – VMware-based, AWS, Azure?
- Are DevOps and Agile pet projects, or a cultural paradigm within your organization?
- Is software definition a buzzword, or the heartbeat of your on-premises cloud fabric?
- Are you frustrated with big ticket software spend that is underutilized, or worse, becomes shelfware?
- Is your CMDB up to date? Do you trust your CMDB?
- Containers, PaaS, Serverless — which one for me?
- Are you automated? If so, where? If not, why?
- Do you have an AI strategy? Are you being pressured to come up with one?
- Do you even have the right organizational structure to capitalize on digital and the aforementioned?
- Lastly, is ServiceNow someone else’s product (or problem) or core to your operational and digital strategy?
Key Business Outcomes of ZTO
- Drastic reduction in MTTR/MTTI >50%
- 98% reduction in monthly ticket volume
- 50% improved SLA’s
- Greatly improve alert to ticket compression ratios (100+:1)
- 40% overall cost reduction
- Reduce risk and accelerate key business outcomes through programmatic automation
- Automated code to metal application
Key Principles of ZTO
1. Organizations Have Tool Fatigue
- Many customers own more than 60%-70% of the necessary tools, however they are often running in silos or worse, shelfware
- Customers are also challenged with vetting many vendors and navigating disparate agendas
- ZTO provides the blueprints, flexibility, thoughtful guidance and architectural choice – with a focus on outcomes and tremendous ROI opportunity
2. Flexible and Vendor Agnostic
CDI’s approach is flexible and vendor agnostic whether your preference:
- Cisco ACI or VMware NSX, or both
- Azure, Amazon or VMware cloud
- Splunk, ELK or AppDynamics
- Turbonomic or VRops
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- ServiceNow, just ITSM, or platform play
- And more!
Additionally, there are multiple ways for CDI to engage: T&M, staff augmentation, ‘aaS’ monthly recurring or project-based (fixed scope) consulting
3. Automation, Automation, Automation!
Automation provides a few key benefits to the enterprise:
Risk Reduction: To automate you must standardize, as standardization enables better security and reduces complexity. With governed, programmatic automation, we can ensure patching and firmware are compatible, and not deployed in an exposed or vulnerable state. Automating highly repetitive, mundane tasks potential human error.
Cost Reduction: Drive denser utilization of resources with performance assurance. Properly automated environments reduce overall cost per contact and drive significant improvements across Mean Time to Resolution (or MTTR), Mean Time to Identify (MTTI) and FTE cost.
Service Management and Agility: Automation is foundational to maintaining a proper CMDB and having a proper CMDB is foundational to the dynamic, software-defined, service driven, multi-cloud world. You must know which applications (services) are touching which assets, where, when, and in real time. With a properly integrated, automated, and agile software defined strategy – we are simply able to go much faster.