Computer Design & Integration (CDI LLC) provides comprehensive and innovative technology infrastructure services that solve complex business challenges. Recognized since 2000 as one of the top 500 IT solution providers in the United States, CDI LLC’s strategic differentiation is its commitment to understanding its clients’ business processes while continuously ensuring the advancement of their corporate strategies with the integration of best-of-breed technology solutions – with a particular focus on highly available data center solutions.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our company on a full-time basis.
- As a Network Engineer, you will be responsible for building, configuring, troubleshooting and technical analysis of the customer’s networks.
- Work directly with CDI and customer’s technical staff to gather technical requirements needed to design and implement LAN WAN communication.
- Provides design, installation, technical support, upgrades and optimization of various network communications and systems.
- Provide knowledge transfer to the customer.
- Performs customer support activities for data communications equipment and networking system products.
- Updates the Practice Manager on scheduling and project status.
- Engages in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies. This includes obtaining vendor-related certifications (Professional level certification preferred – CCNP, CCDP, or similar), to enhance professional development and our corporate standing with our vendors.
Basic Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
2-4 years of experience is required in the following areas:
- Professional-level experience in relevant fields of network engineering/implementation.
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in the following areas of specialization:
- Internetworking Routing & Switch, including Cisco Nexus & Catalyst switches
- WAN Networking Architectures & Protocols
- TCP / IP networking and Ethernet technologies.
- Experience with LAN / WAN topologies including MPLS and point-to-point private lines.
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 (Layer 2 and Layer 3) and 3750 switches.
- Experience with route protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, RIPv2
- Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to document work.
- Proficient skills in Visio and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Cisco ASA, F5 load balancers, Cisco ISR and ASR routers a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- CCNP routing or security certification or equivalent work experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.