Do you want to be part of an elite team with a growing company in a fast-paced and exciting environment? CDI Managed Services is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Support team. This is a customer facing, technical advisory role supporting enterprise clients with advanced technologies such as hybrid cloud, software defined data center infrastructure, virtualization and complex networks.
The role requires technical acumen combined with customer service and communication skills. You work as a team with our Service Delivery Managers (SDM) to ensure our customers get maximum business value from our services while receiving the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. Lead Engineers are the primary technical advisor to their named accounts and provide feedback to the internal CDI organization as a customer advocate and technical liaison.
We are seeking individuals with backgrounds in IT infrastructure operations such as, but not limited to, Server administration, VMware (vSphere, vCloud, HorizonView, NSX, etc.), Enterprise Firewalls and Cisco Networking and UC (VOIP). You are vital to the success of our service delivery and the support of our strategic clients so developing strong customer relationships is also essential. These relationships enable you to understand your clients’ business, technical and operational requirements needed to develop and recommend solutions to optimize and enhance their IT environment. Join our team if you want a challenging position that will grow your technical, customer and business skills, and has significant impact for our clients and for CDI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and pro-actively manage the technical relationship for high profile customers
- Know and understand your clients’ IT environments and maintain their healthy operations
- Ensure prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues, drive other teams as required and set customer expectations
- Maintain documentation of clients’ technology environment and system configurations
- Collaborate and establish strong relationships with internal CDI business units to drive end–to-end success
- Act as technical escalation for other CDI Support teams (Service Desk, NOC, CloudOps, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of incidents
- Proactively identify solutions and enhancements to ensure your clients’ long term success
- Understand the customer’s relevant challenges while functioning as a trusted technology advisor for “best practices” and adoption of CDI solutions
- Communicate clearly and precisely with your customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our service delivery systems
- Work closely with the assigned Service Delivery Manager (SDM) to ensure customer satisfaction in your named accounts
- Provide outstanding, professional levels of service and support when working incidents and problems as assigned.
- Assess your clients’ technology and business requirements and provide consultative advice and recommendations for optimization, growth and improved performance.
- Drive technical excellence in your accounts and with the support teams.
- Work closely with the SDM to create and present operations performance reports and recommendations for periodic Strategy & Review meetings
- Act as technical liaison between your customer’s IT team and CDI. Be the “voice of the customer” in providing input into product development and support service teams.
- Collaborate with CDI Professional Services Solutions Architects and implementation teams in defining, scoping and deploying projects in your named accounts.
- Perform Proactive “check in” of named accounts. Analyze incident and ticket data to identify trends and recommend problem resolution strategies
- Assist clients with Change Management
- Mentor and train other support team members on client specific topics as well as technical subjects within your area of expertise
- Participate in after hours On Call rotation
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Three (3+) years working in enterprise class infrastructure and/or hybrid cloud environments.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem determination skills
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Previous Managed Service Provider experience preferred
- IT consulting experiences a plus.
- Understanding of ITIL Practices and Processes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to visit clients in New York City and New Jersey.
- Certifications in the following areas a plus: Cisco Networking, VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, AWS, Azure, EMC and enterprise level firewalls.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
CDI MS offers a competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes its employees. The benefits package includes:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Holidays
CDI Managed Services is an exciting place to work where people are shaping the future and improving the way our clients work today. Come join CDI Managed Services and help our clients use technology as a business advantage and become the industry leaders of the 21st century. Enjoy the challenges of a fast-paced work environment where personal contribution makes a difference.