Computer Design & Integration (CDI LLC) is an award-winning, nationally recognized organization that architects, deploys and manages multiplatform hybrid IT solutions, including traditional IT, public, private and hybrid clouds. Recognized since 2000 as one of the top 500 IT solution providers in the United States, CDI LLC’s strategic differentiation is its commitment to understanding its clients’ business processes while continuously ensuring the advancement of their corporate strategies with the integration of best-of-breed technology solutions. CDI LLC continues to evolve and grow in a time of transformation within the IT industry, the rate of change is exponential and the complexity of customer’s requirements is growing at a similar rate. There are few companies that can compete in this environment and CDI LLC’s goal is to be the best of the best.
With the continuing growth and evolution of our company, we are now looking for an Assistant Controller to join our team. This position will be critical to our success as we look to refine, improve and automate our daily operations across the CDI platform, including multiple companies, locations and business units. If you’re looking for someplace to grow your career and be rewarded for your successes, then CDI is the place for you.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for a variety of day-to-day finance, accounting and business operations functions while ensuring compliance with GAAP and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers. This is a hands-on position, requiring the candidate to perform various daily functions and ensuring that our small team continues to execute efficiently and effectively, providing the highest level of service to customers, internal and external, up to and including the executive management team. This position reports to the AVP, Finance & Operations and will work with the COO/CFO as well.
Included in the corporate responsibilities to be covered under the COO/CFO and their organization are: Finance, Accounting, Legal, HR, Payroll, Inside Sales, Procurement and associated back-office and sales support functions. These responsibilities will be divided among the team members, depending on the background and strengths that a candidate can bring to the team.
- Daily accounting function, including A/R, A/P, Cash Flows and functional interaction with any and all as necessary
- Daily management of A/R and A/P functions, including processing of all A/R invoicing, A/P invoicing, bill paying and interaction with Inside Sales, CDI Managed Services and Professional Services personnel
- Assist AVP Finance & Operations with oversight of financial metrics, budget implementations and the daily business management of CDI from a financial and common sense, holistic perspective
- Assist with utilization, support and optimization of various software systems and tools that will be necessary to automate the various functions covered by the COO/CFO organization
- Assist Sales & PSG teams with meaningful analysis, including areas such as pricing, GP, cost of sales, potential areas of investment, ROI, etc.
- Contribute to the year-end audit process.
- Adherence to financial policy and procedures, including internal controls
- Prepare data to assist AVP Finance & Operations in the monthly, quarterly and year end close ensuring an accurate and timely process.
- Support Finance department with special projects.
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of financial principles, standards, and practices.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be results orientated self-starter; organized, detailed and possessing strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate the drive and the motivation to deliver high quality results based on through analysis.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Apply good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of three to five years of related work experience, experience in accounting, financial operations and within the IT industry are beneficial and are significant differentiators.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Accounting Software packages required, Professional Services CRMs would be beneficial. Experience with Sage 100, NetSuite OpenAir, ServiceNow and Zuora would all be beneficial.
- Knowledge of cloud-based software packages for daily office functionality, specifically within the Microsoft suite would be beneficial