Technical Account Manager
We are currently looking for a Technical Account Manager to join our team!
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a customer facing, technical advisory role supporting enterprise clients with advanced technologies such as hybrid cloud, software defined data center infrastructure, virtualization and complex networks. The role requires technical acumen combined with customer service and communication skills. You work as a team with our Service Delivery Managers (SDM) to ensure our customers get maximum business value from our services while receiving the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. TAMs are the primary technical advisor to their named accounts and provide feedback to the internal CDI organization as a customer advocate and technical liaison.
Major Performance Objectives
Customer Satisfaction – Develop strong customer relationships to understand clients’ business, technical and operational requirements to develop and recommend solutions to optimize and enhance their IT environments. Meet regularly with assigned customers, along with the Service Delivery Manager, for Strategy and Review sessions. Customer satisfaction and retention is the primary measure of our success.
Operational Excellence – Drive operational excellence within your assigned accounts. Work with our Remote Monitoring, NOC and Service Desk teams to ensure incidents are handled and resolved correctly and within specified service levels. Maintain accurate and current client documentation to aid in timely remediation of incidents. Own Problem Management and root cause assessment in your assigned accounts. SLA performance and overall reduction in ticket counts through optimization and improvements are key operational metrics.
Training and Collaboration –TAMs are expected to train other support teams such as the Service Desk and NOC to help them be successful. This includes training on specific customer environments, policies & procedures and technologies in your area of expertise. TAMs also collaborate with peers and participating in training provided by others in the organization. Growing your knowledge and expertise and helping others grow theirs is critical to your ongoing success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and pro-actively manage the technical relationship for high profile customers
- Know and understand your clients’ IT environments and maintain their healthy operations
- Ensure prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues, drive other teams as required and set customer expectations
- Maintain documentation of clients’ technology environment and system configurations
- Collaborate and establish strong relationships with internal CDI business units to drive end–to-end success
- Act as technical escalation for other CDI Support teams (Service Desk, NOC, CloudOps, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of incidents
- Proactively identify solutions and enhancements to ensure your clients’ long term success
- Understand the customer’s relevant challenges while functioning as a trusted technology advisor for “best practices” and adoption of CDI solutions
- Communicate clearly and precisely with your customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our service delivery systems
- Work closely with the assigned Service Delivery Manager (SDM) to ensure customer satisfaction in your named accounts
- Provide outstanding, professional levels of service and support when working incidents and problems as assigned.
- Assess your clients’ technology and business requirements and provide consultative advice and recommendations for optimization, growth and improved performance.
- Drive technical excellence in your accounts and with the support teams.
- Work closely with the SDM to create and present operations performance reports and recommendations for periodic Strategy & Review meetings
- Act as technical liaison between your customer’s IT team and CDI. Be the “voice of the customer” in providing input into product development and support service teams.
- Collaborate with CDI Professional Services Solutions Architects and implementation teams in defining, scoping and deploying projects in your named accounts.
- Perform Proactive “check in” of named accounts. Analyze incident and ticket data to identify trends and recommend problem resolution strategies
- Assist clients with Change Management
- Mentor and train other support team members on client specific topics as well as technical subjects within your area of expertise
- Participate in after hours On Call rotation
Educational and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous Managed Service Provider experience preferred
- IT consulting experience a plus
- Understanding of ITIL Practices and Processes
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to visit clients in New York City and New Jersey
- Certifications in the following areas a plus: Cisco Networking, VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, AWS, Azure, EMC and enterprise level firewalls.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
CDI MS offers a competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes its employees. The benefits package includes:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Holidays
There is not a more exciting place to be than where people are shaping the future and improving the way that the world works today. Come join CDI MS and help us help our clients use technology to become the business leaders of the 21st century. At CDI MS, we enjoy the challenges of a fast-paced work environment where offering premier B2B service is the starting point and where personal contribution makes a difference.