Sr. Storage Engineer
The Senior Storage Solutions Engineer is an implementation engineer capable of running large projects within the enterprise. The projects will consist of design and implementation of complex projects as well as act as a project lead to ensure completed projects remain under budget. The engineer also has the ability to assist the Storage Team Lead with pricing and scoping opportunities.
- 10 + years of storage and backup experience (Dell EMC, Pure, Netapp, Rubrik)
- 3+ years’ experience of project leading and developing team members
- Familiar with VMware ESX, VCE Vblock and network-based technologies
- Standardization of process, procedures, and documentation
- Ability to oversee and deliver on complex projects and ensure they remain on time and under budget
- Exceptional communication skills
General Roles and Responsibilities:
This self-starting Senior Storage Engineer will help manage all aspects of his/her discipline with multiple, matrix support resources, including professional services consultants and managed services consultants and align to service delivery to enhance team value. Works closely with customers, professional services leaders, practices, managed services and other CDI business units to coordinate and manage the delivery and implementation of high-level storage solutions. Contributes to the development and responsible for the communication and delivery assurance of CDI standards, policies and procedures. Ensures cost effective and timely delivery of billable engagements that drive CDI product and services. Deliver on complex projects with the ability to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist in day to day management of a team of storage and backup engineers for standardization and profitability
- Drive the execution of customer facing projects to conclusion in a quality, timely, and correct manner
- Properly qualifying opportunities to ensure optimization of CDI’s resources
- Interact with sales team to attain new products and help drive products through product development cycle
- Effectively manage personal time and productivity
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the success of a project
- Working collaboratively with customers, channel partners, and account team members to meet business goals and objectives
- Supporting engineers during post-sales process; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer.
- Provides technical and/or business consultative mentorship for the storage solutions team
- Monitors program delivery operations and provides coaching and counseling to maximize employee performance