Sr. Converged Infrastructure Engineer
CDI is seeking a Sr. level Data Center Infrastructure Engineer in the Atlanta Metro Area! This person will focus on VMware Virtualization, Cisco UCS and EMC Storage and Data Protection technologies. The consultant will be responsible for technical implementation and project delivery with the ability to work independently or as part of a team. This individual must be highly motivated, very detail-oriented, be able to lead a team, take initiative, be a self-learner and starter, possess excellent customer presentation skills, be able to juggle multiple projects concurrently and have a deep understanding of virtualization and data center technologies from a holistic perspective. Candidate must also have experience with desktop virtualization technologies.
- 5+ year professional, hands on experience with mid to large scale VMware and Citrix environments (VMware ESX 3.x, VirtualCenter, and vSphere) in development and production settings, including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, configuring, and patching.
- Gather business and technical requirements necessary for the design, development and implementation of enterprise virtualization solutions.
- Contribute to the development of client deliverables such as capacity assessment reports, health check assessments, requirements documents, technical architectures/designs, IT process flows, operational procedures, training plans, and more as well as provide detailed knowledge/Tier 1 support to customers on VMware related projects.
- Working knowledge of VMware enterprise features (DRS, HA, VMotion, VCB, SRM, Update Manager) and P2V tools such as VMware Converter.
- Working knowledge of VMware Horizon Suite.
- Working knowledge of P2V conversions including procedures and processes.
- Experienced with upgrading from VI3 to vSphere 5 (in-place upgrades and migration upgrades).
- Provide Operating System administration for, but not limited to Linux and Windows Server guests including guest OS builds, template creation and deployment, and VM cloning.
- Exposure to VMware performance, capacity planning, monitoring, virtualization analysis, and consolidation activities.
- Knowledge of backup and recovery best practices including the ability to design and recommend backup solutions for a virtual environment
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery architectures including SAN based and host based replication methodologies and differences between RTO/RPOs for various technologies.
- Configuration and troubleshooting via ESX host command line interface (Service Console) or related tools i.e. vMA, vCLI, Powershell
- Experience implementing storage architectures (EMC SAN, iSCSI, NAS) and concepts including fabric configuration zoning and storage presentation.
- Implementation experience with EMC storage technologies (Isilon, VNX, VMAX, ExtremeIO).
- Experience implementing and supporting Cisco UCS technologies.
- Familiarity of networking topologies (Cisco switches, VLAN trunking, port-channeling, etc)
- Scripting and automation skills (Perl, shell scripts, Powershell)
- Excellent working knowledge of virtual desktop infrastructure design and implementation. Full understanding of virtual desktop capabilities, management and integration within an enterprise IT infrastructure. Knowledge of application virtualization a plus.
- Highly organized, with strong communication, and consultative experience and skills
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environment
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements
- Able to travel minimum of 75% or as needed according to customer project requirements
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction
- Able work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and lead architect.
- Able to provide technical support to the presales teams for services and product support
- Able to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills.
- Able to obtain related technical certifications as needed.
- Able to communicate effectively in written form.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Visio and Word.
Computer Design and Integration offers a competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes its employees. The benefits package includes:
- Base Salary plus bonus and car allowance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Personal time
- Company paid holidays